[Corpora-List] corpora-list: publishing lists of accepted and unaccepyed papers

Yorick Wilks Y.Wilks at dcs.shef.ac.uk
Tue Oct 18 12:47:47 UTC 2011

If we go to total openness (rankings and reviews named) I confess I am a little afraid of encouraging "X  gave me a bad review and made it public; Ill bide my time and get him back". It would not be the norm but I have never underestimated the pettiness, egocentricity and long memories of academics as a profession--all anecdotal  evidence and the novels about universities confirm this. Personally, I am normally happy to put my name on things but then I have nothing to lose now, so it's easy to be smug.
Yorick Wilks