[Corpora-List] corpora of grammatical errors

Ng Hwee Tou nght at nus.edu.sg
Mon Apr 23 23:15:41 UTC 2012

Hi all,

The NUS Corpus of Learner English (NUCLE) consists of about 1,400 essays written by university students at the National University of Singapore. It contains over one million words which are completely annotated with error tags and corrections. All annotations have been performed by professional English instructors. The corpus is distributed under the standard NUS licensing agreement and can be downloaded from the NUS Enterprise R2M portal:

http://r2m.nus.edu.sg/cos/o.x?c=/r2m/license_product&ptid=5730&func=viewProd&pid=28

The corpus was first reported in the following paper:

Dahlmeier, Daniel, & Ng, Hwee Tou (2011). Grammatical Error Correction with Alternating Structure Optimization. Proceedings of the 49th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL 2011). (pp. 915 - 923). Portland, Oregon, USA.

Hwee Tou Ng