[Corpora-List] Question about evaluation

Emad Mohamed emohamed at umail.iu.edu
Wed Dec 5 15:00:59 UTC 2012

One of our recommendations is to compare results from different taggers.
Another recommendation is to use a combination of performance metrics
because accuracy alone does not necessarily denote success at minority
class recognition. We often compare accuracy versus balanced classification
rate, where the latter is easy to compute - see for example our LREC paper:
"Predicting Phrase Breaks in Classical and Modern Standard Arabic Text"
(Sawalha et al., 2012).

Thank you Claire for the good tips. I'm now reading the paper.

--
Emad Mohamed
aka Emad Nawfal