[Corpora-List] active/passive sentences

Kevin B. Cohen kevin.cohen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 15:14:40 UTC 2013

Alex,

I have some Perl scripts that do a reasonable job of this.  One thing
that they don't catch is conjoined passives, like "was phosphorylated
and activated".  Would this be an acceptable weakness?  Reviewers have
accepted it for a couple of journal articles that I've used the script
for.

Kev

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 12:27 PM, Aleksandar Trklja <al.trklja at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Could someone recommend a tool that automatically or semi-automatically
> identifies active and passive sentences or summarizes the proportion of
> active and passive sentences in a corpus?
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Regards
> Alex

Kevin Bretonnel Cohen, PhD
Biomedical Text Mining Group Lead, Computational Bioscience Program,
U. Colorado School of Medicine
303-916-2417 (cell) 303-377-9194 (home)
http://compbio.ucdenver.edu/Hunter_lab/Cohen