[Corpora-List] SUBTLEX-UK: word frequencies for British English

Marc Brysbaert marc.brysbaert at ugent.be
Wed Oct 16 12:41:36 UTC 2013

* * Apologies for multiple postings * *

We have collected subtitle-based word frequency norms for British English.
As expected, they are a better predictor of the reaction times and accuracy
levels in the British Lexicon Project than any other word frequency measure
available. We also for the first time use the frequency Zipf scale, which we
hope will clear many existing misunderstandings about the word frequency
effect.

You find the frequency lists and a user-friendly website to select words
here: http://crr.ugent.be/archives/1423

The article with further information (Van Heuven et al., QJEP, in press) can
be found here:
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/17470218.2013.850521

Marc Brysbaert

Department of Experimental Psychology