[Corpora-List] SUBTLEX-UK: word frequencies for British English

Mark Davies Mark_Davies at byu.edu
Wed Oct 16 15:06:50 UTC 2013

Hi Marc,

Looks great - thanks. BTW, did I ever mention to you the 100 million word Corpus of American Soap Operas that I developed a year or so ago:

http://corpus2.byu.edu/soap/

It might be useful data, to include with what you already have. A lot of this data from the soap opera corpus is included in the 100k word list that also includes data from COCA, COHA, and the BNC:

http://www.wordfrequency.info/samples_100k.asp (samples)

Anyway, fwiw ... And thanks again for all of the good word frequency data that you and your team continue to make available.

Best,

Mark D.

Mark Davies
Professor of Linguistics / Brigham Young University
http://davies-linguistics.byu.edu/
** Corpus design and use // Linguistic databases **
** Historical linguistics // Language variation **
** English, Spanish, and Portuguese **