[Corpora-List] corpora of court trials or police interrogations

Carsten Schnober c.schnober at jpberlin.de
Tue Jun 3 07:34:20 UTC 2014

Am 29.05.2014 15:44, schrieb hanna.siewerts at ewetel.net:

> To whom it may concern,
>
> I am a Linguistics student from the University of Bremen and about to
> start my Bachelor thesis. At my research I would like to take a look at
> the language in court trials, preferebly jury trials or police
> interrogations. I already tried to find sources for either, yet so far
> my search was not very succesfull. I know that it is not easy to obtain
> this information, thus, I was wondering if there are any existing
> corpora of court trails (jury trials) or police interrogations.

Hi,
there is a corpus of German police interrogations, but it focuses on
immigrants and I'm afraid it's not fully publicly available. I can't
find a web address either, but perhaps you are interested in contacting
the author of the book "Polizeivernehmungen von Migranten" (Hee, 2012):
http://pub.ids-mannheim.de/laufend/oralingua/oraling03.html
Good luck!
Carsten