[Corpora-List] examples of the use of the terms "prototypical" or "prototypicality"

Alex Boulton alex.boulton at univ-lorraine.fr
Sat Jun 28 06:00:20 UTC 2014

Dear all

Various bits of discussion on this in several places in Patrick's 2013 book, including around pp90-105 and 340, but it's pretty much what the whole book is about - norms (cf prototypes) not just of lexis but of pretty much any type of language use, and exploitations.

    * Hanks, P. 2013. Lexical Analysis: Norms and Exploitations . Cambridge MA: MIT Press.

Some great quotes too, eg p91-92 " Prototypical, normal usage is very easy to spot…; it is also very boring."

Best
alex

Alex Boulton

Professor of English and Applied Linguistics

Université de Lorraine : Pearl, Erudi, Dépt d'anglais

homepage : http://bit.ly/BoultonATILF

Responsable équipe Didactique (Crapel)
Atilf : CNRS, UL
( +33) 03 54 50 51 06