[Corpora-List] corpora of court trials or police interrogations

Kevin B. Cohen kevin.cohen at gmail.com
Fri May 30 20:27:26 UTC 2014

Hanna,

If you're interested in interrogations, I highly recommend Roger Shuy's
wonderful book "The Language Of Confession, Interrogation, and Deception."
It will give you excellent background.

Kev

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 1:44 PM, <hanna.siewerts at ewetel.net> wrote:

> To whom it may concern,
>
> I am a Linguistics student from the University of Bremen and about to
> start my Bachelor thesis. At my research I would like to take a look at the
> language in court trials, preferebly jury trials or police interrogations.
> I already tried to find sources for either, yet so far my search was not
> very succesfull. I know that it is not easy to obtain this information,
> thus, I was wondering if there are any existing corpora of court trails
> (jury trials) or police interrogations.
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Sincerely yours,
> Hanna Siewerts

Kevin Bretonnel Cohen, PhD
Biomedical Text Mining Group Lead, Computational Bioscience Program,
U. Colorado School of Medicine
303-916-2417
http://compbio.ucdenver.edu/Hunter_lab/Cohen