changing language policy and ideas about language

Margaret Ronkin ronkinm at georgetown.edu
Mon Jan 12 16:33:38 UTC 2004

For anyone who's interested:

Collins, James. 1998. Our ideologies and theirs. In B. Schieffelin, K. Woolard & P. Kroskrity (eds.). Language ideologies. Practice and theory. Oxford Studies in Anthropological Linguistics, 16. New York and Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press, Pp. 256-270.

Also, the excellent article on Haitian Creole by B. Schieffelin and R. Doucet is 'The "real" Haitian Creole: Ideology, metalinguistics, and orthographic choice' in the same volume, Pp. 285-316.

--Maggie