Dow Jones Announces Strategic Alliance With Pre-eminent Spanish-Language News Service EFE

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 15:07:54 UTC 2008

Dow Jones Announces Strategic Alliance With EFE
Agreement Signed to Develop Pre-eminent Spanish-Language News Service
for Financial Service Professionals and Private Investors

MADRID, Sept 22, 2008 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- Dow Jones,
a leading provider of global business news and information services,
has signed a strategic alliance with Agencia EFE, the world's
fourth-largest news agency. Together they will develop an exclusive
joint Spanish-language news service -- EFE Dow Jones News -- to serve
financial professionals, corporations, media, institutions and private
investors in Spain.
The new real-time newswire will draw upon the comprehensive coverage
of Spanish companies and policy-making in EFE's economic service,
EFECOM, and the international financial and market reporting of Dow
Jones en Espanol to offer clients expanded coverage of Spanish
business, including regional reporting and analysis of small and
mid-cap stocks. The Joint service to be based in Madrid, will also
have a dedicated editorial staff to produce original content in
Spanish.

"This agreement with EFE, the recent acquisition of Betten Financial
News BV, the Dutch-language news service and, the arrangement enabling
Dow Jones Newswires to distribute editorial content from Agence
France-Presse all underscore our broader strategy to invest in
expanding our global editorial assets. We're dedicated to increasing
our coverage of local markets in local languages, and forging this
alliance helps us to better serve the needs of our Spanish-language
customers," said Clare Hart, Executive Vice President, Dow Jones &
Company, President, Dow Jones Enterprise Media Group. "Ultimately, the
agreement with EFE will further Dow Jones's dedication to powering
intelligent enterprises globally and providing our customers with the
information they need to make better decisions, faster."

"This agreement with Dow Jones, one of the most prestigious agencies
in the world, underlines the editorial independence and rigour of EFE
as well as the quality of our information offering," said the
President of EFE, Alex Grijelmo. "In addition, it will allow us to
gain access to new markets and gain visibility and competitiveness
into the demanding financial news service market. With this alliance,
we feel we will now offer customers the strongest and most
comprehensive Spanish-language service in the market."  The official
presentation of EFE Dow Jones is expected in late October 2008, when
the new service is planned to be launched.

For more information about Dow Jones Newswires, visit
www.dowjonesnewswires.com, or to learn more about the Dow Jones
Enterprise Media Group, visit www.solutions.dowjones.com.

About Dow Jones & Company
Dow Jones & Company (NYSE: DJ; dowjones.com) is a leading provider of
global business news and information services. Its Consumer Media
Group publishes The Wall Street Journal, Barron's, MarketWatch and the
Far Eastern Economic Review. Its Enterprise Media Group includes Dow
Jones Newswires, Factiva, Dow Jones Licensing Services, Dow Jones
Indexes and Dow Jones Financial Information Services. Its Local Media
Group operates community-based information franchises. Dow Jones is
co-owner with Hearst of SmartMoney. Dow Jones provides news content to
CNBC and radio stations in the U.S.
About EFE
EFE is the largest Spanish news agency in the world, and one of the
four largest globally. With bureaus in over 120 countries, and with a
dedicated team of 3000 professionals from 60 different countries, EFE
produces more than three million pieces of news per year in all
formats to keep more than 2000 customers all over the world informed.
SOURCE Dow Jones & Company

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/dow-jones-announces-strategic-alliance/story.aspx?guid=%7B5F2D5CC6-11B8-4A61-B425-8708CBD447FB%7D&dist=hppr