[lg policy] Working Papers in Literacy, Culture, and Language Education - Call for Papers
scoronelmolina at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 30 02:49:35 UTC 2010
*Working Papers in Literacy, Culture, and Language Education (WPLCLE) *
*Indiana University Bloomington*
The Department of Literacy, Culture, and Language Education at Indiana
University solicits submissions for publication in the Working Papers in
Literacy, Culture, and Language Education (WPLCLE). Graduate students,
post-docs and faculty are strongly encouraged to submit their papers. We
especially welcome submissions dealing with the following areas of research:
- First and second language acquisition
- Macro and micro sociolinguistics in education
- Linguistic anthropology in education
- Language policy and planning from local and global perspectives
- Language revitalization and documentation
- Pragmatics in language teaching and learning
- Literacy, bi-literacy and multi-literacy
- Hybrid literacies
- Bilingual education
- Multilingual and multicultural education
- Classroom research on language and literacy
- Discourse analysis
- Technology and language teaching and learning
- Language and gender
- Language teaching professional development
- Quantitative and qualitative research on language and literacy
- Language related to curriculum design
- Assessment and evaluation
- English as a foreign and second language
- Multimodal literacy
- The New Literacy Studies
- Home and workplace literacy
- Indigenous literacies of the Americas
- Sociocultural approaches to language and literacy education
- Second language instruction and second language teacher education.
- Literacy as social practice
- Critical literacy
- Early literacy
- Practitioner inquiry/teacher research
- Children’s literacy
- African American literacies
- Latino/Hispanic Literacies
- Cross-linguistic and cross-cultural literacy practices
- Heritage language and culture maintenance and loss
- Local and global (transnational) literacies
*Book reviews in these areas are also welcome.* They should not exceed 2,500
words including the bibliography.**
*All papers should be submitted to **wplcle at indiana.edu*<wplcle at indiana.edu>
- Submissions to WPLCLE must be in PDF or Microsoft Word document file
- All submissions should be full length unpublished articles, which will
be reviewed by members of the Editorial Board, whose decisions are based
upon the relevance, clarity, and value of the articles.
- All submissions must be in APA format (American Psychological
Association, 5th Edition) and should not exceed 8,000 words in total length.
- Please include all related components: charts, graphs, endnotes,
footnotes, references, appendices, or other necessary information.
- Include an abstract between 100 and 150 words.
- Include a cover page with the following information: Article title,
name and contact information, and a biosketch of 60 words.
- Any WPLCLE article published elsewhere at a later time should include
a reference to WPLCLE. The individual authors hold copyright privileges.
- WPLCLE is not responsible for returning articles that have been sent
to our office.
- Please follow Indiana University’s ethical guidelines for research or
those set forth by your individual academic institution.
*Questions concerning submission can be directed to the Editorial Manager,
Yi-Ching Lee at **wplcle at indiana.edu* <wplcle at indiana.edu>*.** *
*The deadline for submission for the 2011 issue is March 30th, 2011. For
more information about WPLCLE, please visit the following link: **
Serafin M. Coronel-Molina, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Language Education
Department of Literacy, Culture, and Language Education
School of Education http://education.indiana.edu/
Indiana University Bloomington http://www.iub.edu/
Phone: (812) 856-8270
Fax: (812) 856-8287
E-mail: scoronel at indiana.edu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
This message came to you by way of the lgpolicy-list mailing list
lgpolicy-list at groups.sas.upenn.edu
To manage your subscription unsubscribe, or arrange digest format: https://groups.sas.upenn.edu/mailman/listinfo/lgpolicy-list
More information about the Lgpolicy-list