[lg policy] Canal & River Trust Welsh language policy

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 4 14:52:41 UTC 2012

Welsh language policy

Welsh is spoken by over a fifth of the population of Wales but is also
an essential part of the cultural identity and character of Wales.
With many other languages, it forms part of the rich diversity that
shapes the social landscape of Wales, the UK and Europe.

Gweld y dudalen hon yn Cymraeg

We share the Welsh Government’s ambition to see the Welsh language
prosper  Accordingly the services we offer reflect the bilingual
nature of Wales and play their part in helping to sustain the Welsh
language.

Our Welsh Language Policy describes how we will give effect, so far as
is both appropriate in the circumstances and reasonably practicable,
to the principle established by the Welsh Language Act that, in the
conduct of public business, the Welsh and English languages should be
treated on a basis of equality.

http://canalrivertrust.org.uk/wales/welsh-language-policy
 A copy of this may be forwarded to this list as well.  (H. Schiffman,
Moderator)