[lg policy] Holborn College's English Language Policy for International Students

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 15 15:15:22 UTC 2012

English Language Policy for International Students

All International Students* requiring a Tier 4 (General) visa to study
in the United Kingdom with Holborn College will need to show proof of
English Language competency in line with both the UK Border Agency
Policy and Holborn College's internal policies.

In order to be issued a Confirmation of Acceptance of Study (CAS), a
student must meet the requirements of one of the following categories:

    Be a national of one of the following majority English speaking
countries as defined by UKBA:
    Antigua & Barbuda 	Dominica 	St Lucia
    Australia 	Grenada 	St Vincent & The Grenadines
    The Bahamas 	Guyana 	Trinidad & Tobago
    Barbados 	Jamaica 	United States of America
    Belize 	New Zealand 	
    Canada 	St Kitts & Nevis 	
    Have previously completed a qualification equivalent to a UK
degree which was taught in English in a majority-speaking country
(including where the qualification was taught in the UK);
    Currently reside in the UK on a Tier 4 (Child) visa and want to
move over to a Tier 4 (General) visa;
    Hold a valid Secure English Language Test (SELT) issued by one of
the approved UKBA test providers to a B1 Level on the CEFR for courses
at QCF/NQF Level 5 or below and B2 Level on the CEFR for QCF/NQF Level
6 and above. The full list of UKBA approved English language tests,
with scores required can be found here.

    Minimum levels must be achieved in line with the UK Border Agency
English requirements across the following categories:

Internal English Levels for Holborn College Programmes

The IELTS level for each programme offered by Holborn College is shown below:
Course 	Level
BA Foundation Year Entry 	5.5
BA (Hons) 	6.0
BA (Hons) International Business Management (Top Up) 	6.0
MBA Pathways 	6.5
Diploma in Law 	6.0
LLB Foundation Year Entry 	5.5
LLB (Hons) Law 	6.0
LLM International Business and Commecial Law 	6.5

In all cases no lower than 5.5 in any subcategory  will be accepted.

*The definition of an International Student is any student who needs a
Tier 4 (General) student visa to undertake their chosen course of
study in the United Kingdom.


N.b.: Listing on the lgpolicy-list is merely intended as a service to
its members
and implies neither approval, confirmation nor agreement by the owner
or sponsor of the list as to the veracity of a message's contents.
Members who disagree with a message are encouraged to post a rebuttal,
and to write directly to the original sender of any offensive message.
 A copy of this may be forwarded to this list as well.  (H. Schiffman,

For more information about the lgpolicy-list, go to

This message came to you by way of the lgpolicy-list mailing list
lgpolicy-list at groups.sas.upenn.edu
To manage your subscription unsubscribe, or arrange digest format: https://groups.sas.upenn.edu/mailman/listinfo/lgpolicy-list

More information about the Lgpolicy-list mailing list