Audio software?

Ashley Stinnett astinnet at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Sat Jul 5 14:38:42 UTC 2014

Hi Susan,
I agree with Steve, there a lot of coding softwares to choose from (NVIVO,
AtlasTi, Dedoose, etc...)
but my preference is to use F5 (http://www.audiotranskription.de/english/f5)
It is cheap (used to be free) and easy to use on a Mac.
It allows you to insert a time code with the Return key, synced to the
audio/video (select in preferences)
and has keyboard short cuts for text insert (handy for multi
speaker/interactional data)

And if you want to transcribe it eventually, it works well with keyboard
commands or with a USB foot pedal.

You can word search or export as a .rtf or .txt to be used in Word or Text
Wrangler or whatever other analysis software you want to use.

Good luck
Ashley

--
A. Ashley Stinnett, Ph.D.