Borrowed verbs

Victor A. Friedman vfriedm at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Thu Jan 2 21:27:31 UTC 2003

In Macedonian, the suffix is -di- + -s- (originally Greek sigmatic
aorist), e.g. Turkish be(g)en-di -> Macedonian bendis-a 'like, be
pleasing to (3sg pres)'
Also in Albanian, where such verbs assimilate to a sigmatic
conjugation that includes Slavic borrowings and native verbs.
Best,
Victor Friedman