definition of typology

Yuri Tambovtsev yutamb at MAIL.RU
Tue Apr 12 18:03:36 UTC 2005

Dear Typology colleagues, reading journals on typology I came to a conclusion that different linguists and edotors understand typology in their own way. It especially concerns editors who may return a manuscript on the pretext that it is not on typology. Therefore, it occurred to me to discuss the term "typology" in order to realise how it is understood in modern linguistics. Looking forward to receiving your definitions to yutamb at mail.ru  Yours sincerely Yuri Tambovtsev