[FUNKNET] 'Hear' as 'understand'

Martine VANHOVE vanhove at VJF.CNRS.FR
Mon Feb 1 21:42:43 UTC 2010

Dear Nino,

You'll find loads of data and analysis in:
Evans, Nicholas and Wilkins, David. 2000. In the mind’s ear: The
semantic extensions of
perception verbs in Australian languages. /Language /76/3, 546-592.

and in my own paper
Vanhove, Martine. 2008. Semantic associations between sensory
modalities, prehension and mental perceptions: A cross-linguistic
perspective. _F_/rom Polysemy to Semantic Change: Towards a Typology of
Lexical Semantic Associations/. M. Vanhove. Amsterdam/Philadelphia, John
Benjamins*: *341-370.

Best

Martine