Balinese names

Donald Stilo stilo at EVA.MPG.DE
Mon Jul 23 19:54:54 UTC 2012

When I was in Bali in 2005 (after ALT), I made friends with a Balinese man named Wayan and his daughter's name was Wayan.  There was no additional particle prefixed to their names to show the gender -- the written language, of course, may have those prefixes. I met a LOT of other Wayans (both genders), too.  I was also told that the 5th, 6th child is offically called "Wayan Again, Made Again, etc."  Since I am the 4th child in my family, they called me Ketut Don.

Don