[Lingtyp] verbal plurality

Daniel W. Hieber dwhieb at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 00:58:33 UTC 2015

Dear Sergey,

The boundaries of what get called verbal/event plurality or sometimes pluractionality are hard to define, and bleed into verbal number more generally, as well as things like aspect (namely iterativity), and argument number. That said, here are some sources I’ve come across as I’ve explored this topic. The last of these, a dissertation at UC Berkeley, is the most comprehensive treatment I’ve found.

very best,

Danny

Arka, I. W. 2012. Verbal number, argument number, and plural events in Marori. In M. Butt & T. H. King (Eds.), Proceedings of the LFG12 Conference. CSLI Publications.

Blench, R. 2011. Mwaghavul pluractional verbs. Topics in Chadic linguistics VI: Comparative and descriptive studies.

Henderson, Robert. under review. Pluractionality in Mayan. Oxford UP.

Hofherr, Patricia Cabredo & Brenda Laca (eds.). 2012. Verbal plurality and distributivity. (Linguistiche Arbeiten 546).

Houser, M. J. (2007). Pluractionality in Northern Paiute: Mono Lake Paiute and Oregon Northern Paiute. SSILA Annual Meeting, UC Berkeley.

Iordăchioaia, G., & Soare, E. (2011). A further insight into the syntax-semantics of pluractionality. In Proceedings of SALT 21 (pp. 95–114).

Součková, K. (2011). Pluractionality in Hausa. Utrecht: LOT.

Wood, E. J. (2007). The semantic typology of pluractionality. PhD dissertation, UC Berkeley.

Daniel W. Hieber

Graduate Student in Linguistics

University of California, Santa Barbara

 <http://www.danielhieber.com> www.danielhieber.com