[Lingtyp] "I hide my stone in my house"

Michael Daniel misha.daniel at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 12:43:13 UTC 2018

Martin,

I argue about this scale in a draft, in this form (I must admit I did not
yet know about Zaika's paper when I was writing). While the scale is ok,
strictly speaking the hierarchy should be formulated in a slightly
different way, I guess - if a language distinguishes between expression of
static location and directional (lative) - in other words, if two different
types of marking are used with any of the verbs on the scale in the first
place - then the two markers would cover contiguous areas on this scale.
Because if a marker covers the whole scale, it means that there is no
essive - lative distinction.

But this is only matter of wording, obviously,

Misha