[Lingtyp] grammaticalized v grammaticized

MM Jocelyne Fernandez mmjocelynefern at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 14:49:43 UTC 2019

This "equipping" was also actually implied in my use of the term
"grammaticisation"– and I did collaborate with Auroux while being both
members of the CNRS National Commission 30 years ago, although he may
have preferred a still shorter form of the word!

Any way, not a mere whim of field linguists, the difference between
"grammati(ci)sation" and "grammaticalisation" remains an essential one:
the creation of grammar tools is only one of the explaining factors for
the typological evolution of a language, since it is not automatically
validated by language users.

M.M.Jocelyne Fernandez-Vest

--
Prof. Marie-Madeleine Jocelyne FERNANDEZ-VEST
CNRS & Université Sorbonne Nouvelle