[Lingtyp] A "Swadesh List" of Ideophone semantic categories

Françoise Rose francoise.rose at univ-lyon2.fr
Tue Mar 19 09:32:55 UTC 2019

Hi Ian,
Here is a list of general actions or states that are expressed (often more specifically) by Teko ideophones and that do not seem to fit in your current list.

Blowing
Be dark
Closed eyes / Open eyes
Grimace
Snoaring
Tearing
Entering /exiting
Winking
Shooting
Falling
Slip
Jumping
Go up/down
Push
Bubbles

You can read about Teko ideophones in my grammar. P. 400-409
Ros  Rose, Françoise. Grammaire de l'émérillon Teko, Une Langue Tupi-Guarani de Guyane Française. Langues et Sociétés d'Amérique Traditionnelle 10. Louvain: Peeters, 2011.

Very best,
Françoise