[Lingtyp] Mainland Northeast Asia (MNEA) as a linguistic area

joo at shh.mpg.de joo at shh.mpg.de
Sat Mar 28 12:02:13 UTC 2020

Thanks to Guillaume and Mark for pointing that out. On the other hand, it seems to me that the two languages (Japhug and Abor) you mentioned are within or adjacent to Mandarin-speaking region (including Southwestern Mandarin), in common with the MNEA languages I mentioned. Could it be that this polysemy is caused by the contact between Mandarin and its neighboring languages?

Ian