[Lingtyp] Query: syllable-reversing ludlings

David Gil gil at shh.mpg.de
Sun May 17 16:59:17 UTC 2020

Dear Hiroto,

Thanks, this is very helpful. I'm curious about one thing though.  In
the examples that you cited, the mora happens to correspond to a
syllable, so it is not possible to tell whether it is moras or syllables
that are being reversed.  But there are lots of other words where the
mora is less than a complete syllable — what happens in such words?

Best wishes,

David

Email: gil at shh.mpg.de