[Lingtyp] NP + PP construction

Eitan Grossman eitan.grossman at mail.huji.ac.il
Tue Oct 6 16:42:05 UTC 2020

Hi all,

Stéphane Polis and I discussed this briefly (also some similar and
evidently arguable Russian examples, and some less controversial
Minangkabau examples) in a study of the grammaticalization of future tenses
and related constructions from allative constructions without verbs of
motion.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/280172429_On_the_pragmatics_of_subjectification_The_grammaticalization_of_verbless_allative_futures_with_a_case_study_in_Ancient_Egyptian

Incidentally and unsurprisingly, Timur's Russian example works well
transposed into spoken Hebrew.

Eitan

Eitan Grossman
Associate Professor, Department of Linguistics
Chair, Department of Linguistics
Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Tel: +972 2 588 3809
Fax: +972 2 588 1224