[Lingtyp] List of ideophones in any language

Anvita Abbi anvitaabbi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 16:38:14 UTC 2021

Dear Ian,
Recently there have been several publications on Ideophones or
Expressives.  One such publication worth mentioning is *Expressive
Morphology in the Languages of South Asia.* Edited by Jeffrey P. Williams.
London & New York. Routledge. 2021. I have a paper in this volume with a
long list of expressives in Khasi, a Mon Khmer Austroasiatic language and
Tangkhul Naga, a Tibeto-Burman language. The paper is attached to this
email. Hope you find it useful.
You may also find the book *Non-Proto Typical Reduplication. *Edited by
Aina Urdze under the De Gruyter Mouton series "*Studia Typologica useful. *
With best wishes,
Anvita
Prof. (Dr.) Anvita Abbi

*Formerly: Guest Scientist, Max Planck Institute of Evolutionary
Anthropology, Leipzig, Germany.*
*Leverhulme Professor, SOAS, University of London, UK*
*Professor and Chair of the Centre for Linguistics*
*Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India*
*www.andamanese.net* <http://www.andamanese.net/>