[Lingtyp] Double-marked passive

LIU Danqing liudanq at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 2 03:43:26 UTC 2021

 Hi,Ian and Hsiu-chuan:
  Hsiu-chuan said what I want to say. There are lots of papers published in Chinese discussing about the word gei in this construction. In fact, gei can also replace the first bei in Mandarin, especially in south Mandarin. e.g., Zhangsan gei-Lisi             da-le.
Zhangsan give/PASS-Lisi hit-PRF
`Zhangsan was hit by Lisi.'

  Best,
  Danqing