[Lingtyp] morphological borrowings apart from lexical ones

Eric Melac eric.melac at univ-montp3.fr
Wed Oct 13 14:10:17 UTC 2021

Dear colleagues,

If I understood what you are looking for correctly,
you should find many examples in these two books:

https://www.cambridge.org/core/books/language-contact-and-grammatical-change/167D47802E87FAF5871D94AE065CB277

https://www.degruyter.com/document/doi/10.1515/9783110199192/html

All the best,

Eric Mélac

Le 2021-10-13 15:51, Sergey Loesov a
écrit :

> Dear colleagues,
>
> Have you ever thought of morphological
borrowings (especially of nominal plural suffixes) that happened
independently of massive lexical borrowings from the source language?

> I am thinking of a situation wherein a plural nominal suffix was
admittedly borrowed  from Akkadian into a variety of Aramaic (a sister
language of Akkadian), while this variety of Aramaic does not have a
sizeable amount of outspoken lexical Akkadisms.

> Have you ever seen
this kind of evidence in better understood and/or living languages?

Lingtyp at listserv.linguistlist.org