[Lingtyp] Nicobarese languages

Anvita Abbi anvitaabbi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 19:29:09 UTC 2022

Dear all,
Two languages of the Monic group of the Nicobar Islands had been
categorized as endangered by the UNESCO *Atlas of the World's Languages in
Danger*. We had been trying to document them for the last couple of years.
These are the very first documentation of multilingual, multiscriptal,
interactive dictionaries of Luro (ISO 639-3; crv), and Sanenyo (ISO 639-3;
crv), with sound files and images based on the first-hand collected data
from the native speakers of the language residing in their natural habitat.
The Grammatical sketch of Sanenyo is uploaded by the Govt. of India last
week. One can see all three books online. Here is the link.

https://www.sppel.org/sanenyogrammar.aspx

https://www.sppel.org/sanenyodictionary.aspx

https://sppel.org/lurodictionary.aspx

I am attaching the cover pages of all three with this mail. I will be happy
to receive your feedback.

Anvita Abbi
Prof. (Dr.) Anvita Abbi
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anvita_Abbi
*Formerly: Guest Scientist, Max Planck Institute of Evolutionary
Anthropology, Leipzig, Germany.*
*Leverhulme Professor, SOAS, University of London, UK*
*Professor and Chair of the Centre for Linguistics*
*Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India*
*www.andamanese.net* <http://www.andamanese.net/>