[Lingtyp] types of quantification

Christian Lehmann christian.lehmann at uni-erfurt.de
Fri Mar 4 11:56:08 UTC 2022

In Cabecar (Chibchan, the language I am currently occupied with), a
numeral provided with a classifier has the same distribution as
quantifiers meaning 'several, many' etc. Even the "universal" quantifier
seems to have the same distribution. There may be subregularities if you
combine a numeral with a universal quantifier; but such combinations are
not in the data ...

As I already replied to Andi: I recognize the *structural* diversity. I
am currently concerned with a consistent *functional* classification.

E-Post: 	christianw_lehmann at arcor.de
Web: 	https://www.christianlehmann.eu