[Lingtyp] An ideophone for cough?

Randy J. LaPolla randy.lapolla at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 02:52:16 UTC 2022

In Chinese the unmarked form for ‘cough’ is ké-sòu (咳嗽), both parts of which are seen as onomatopoetic.

Randy
——
Professor Randy J. LaPolla(罗仁地), PhD FAHA
Center for Language Sciences
Institute for Advanced Studies in Humanities and Social Sciences
Beijing Normal University, Zhuhai Campus
A302, Muduo Building, #18 Jinfeng Road, Zhuhai City, Guangdong, China

https://randylapolla.info <https://randylapolla.info/>
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-6100-6196 <https://orcid.org/0000-0002-6100-6196>

邮编:519000
广东省珠海市唐家湾镇金凤路18号木铎楼A302