[Lingtyp] Emergence of word-class systems

Paolo Ramat paoram at unipv.it
Sun Apr 2 09:24:15 UTC 2023

I'm not a follower of the generativist theory, but I think that the
neurolinguistic studies which originated in the frame of the innatist
approach  deserve to be known when speaking of  word classes and phrase
/ morphosyntactic structure's origins.
I would recommend  Moro, A. (2016) *The Boundaries of Babel. The Brain and
the Enigma of Impossible Languages*, Second Revised Edition, MIT Press,
Cambridge, Massachusetts.
<https://web.archive.org/web/20121007002039/http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?ttype=2&tid=11488>

Best,

Prof. Dr. Paolo Ramat
Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei, Socio corrispondente
'Academia Europaea'
'Societas Linguistica Europaea', Honorary Member
Università di Pavia (retired)
Istituto Universitario di Studi Superiori (IUSS Pavia) (retired)

piazzetta Arduino 11 - I 27100 Pavia
##39 0382 27027
347 044 98 44