[Lingtyp] Affectionate or sympathy marking

brigitte.pakendorf at cnrs.fr brigitte.pakendorf at cnrs.fr
Thu Jan 12 19:33:24 UTC 2023

Dear Christian,

in addition to having numerous diminutive and augmentative morphemes, the Lamunkhin dialect of Even has 2 verbal suffixes that express compassion and/or endearment.

See section 2.2.3 in Pakendorf (2017), Lamunkhin Even evaluative morphology in cross-linguistic comparison, Morphology 27:123–158 which you can find here:  <https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-01960459v1> https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-01960459v1. (If there’s a glitch with the link, let me know and I’ll send you the pdf-file.)

Best,

Brigitte

Brigitte PAKENDORF

Directrice de recherche / Senior scientist

Dynamique Du Langage

http://www.ddl.cnrs.fr/pakendorf

CNRS & Université Lumière Lyon 2

14 avenue Berthelot