[Lingtyp] Affectionate or sympathy marking

Jess Tauber tetrahedralpt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 22:07:20 UTC 2023

I have to amend my previous statement about Yahgan. There IS a form
kaiakaiiu:a (colon marks tenseness of the vowel preceding it) meaning
'alas, oh, dear me, what a pity'. But it is not appended to any nominal,
and appears to be only found clause-initially (at least in the texts I've
seen).

Jess Tauber