[Lingtyp] Truc, machin and friends

Riccardo Giomi rgiomi at campus.ul.pt
Thu Mar 9 12:58:07 UTC 2023

Caro Raffaele,

I can cite two papers from Tohru Seraku, written from two different
theoretical perspectives, where the author also presents or refers to data
from a variety of languages, including Ryukyuan, Ilocano, Japanese and
Mandarin:

Searku, Tohru. 2020. Placeholders in Yoron Ryukyuan: A view from Functional
Discourse Grammar. *Lingua *245.

Seraku, Tohru. 2023. Grammars for placeholders: The dynamic turn. *Glossa:
a journal of general linguistics* 8(1).

Examples from another handful of languages are found in

Hengeveld, Kees & Evelien Keizer. 2011. Non-straightforward
communication. *Journal
of Pragmatics* 43, 1962–1976.

Hope this helps, best wishes,

Riccardo

Françoise Rose <francoise.rose at univ-lyon2.fr> escreveu no dia quinta,
9/03/2023 à(s) 13:36:

> I am very sorry, I meant dear Raffaele !
>
> (this reminds me of all the times I am called Rose)

Riccardo Giomi, Ph.D.
University of Liège
Département de langues modernes : linguistique, littérature et traduction
Research group *Linguistique contrastive et typologie des langues*
F.R.S.-FNRS Postdoctoral fellow (CR - FC 43095)