[Lingtyp] Emerging Topics in Typology - extended deadline February 7 2024

Tom Bossuyt Tom.Bossuyt at UGent.be
Tue Jan 30 10:10:20 UTC 2024

Dear colleagues,

I would like to notify you that the PhD conference Emerging Topics in Typology has extended its deadline for abstract submission to February 7, 2024. If you are a PhD student working on typology or language description, we would welcome your abstract. If you are supervising one or more PhD students in the relevant fields, feel free to send them our Call for Papers, which you can find below.

Best wishes
on behalf of the organizing committee
Tom Bossuyt

Call for papers: Emerging Topics in Typology (ETT) 2024
June 10-12, 2024
*** EXTENDED DEADLINE: February 7, 2024 ***

The field of linguistic typology is constantly evolving, driven in part by the work of young researchers. Following on from the success of the 2021 workshop series, Emerging Topics in Typology (ETT), a conference by and for PhD students in diversity linguistics, returns for a second edition in the form of a 3-day conference from June, 10 to 12 2024. The conference will be hosted by Stockholm University in a fully hybrid mode.

We welcome abstracts from current PhD students on a range of topics in diversity linguistics (quantitative and qualitative typology, language documentation and description). Abstracts should be a maximum of 500 words (excluding references). Additional examples and figures (up to one A4 page total) may also be included. Abstracts should demonstrate a link to typological and/or descriptive themes. The abstracts should be submitted via EasyChair (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ett2024) by February 7, 2024. Notification of acceptance will be sent out by March 31, 2024.

Accepted abstracts will be presented at the conference as 20-minute oral presentations, followed by 10 minutes for discussion. Presentations are welcome either on site at Stockholm University or online through Zoom.

Keynote speakers
Laura Becker (University of Freiburg)
Hedvig Skirgård (Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology)

Key dates
Deadline for abstract submission: *** February 7, 2024 ***
Notification of acceptance: March 31, 2024
Registration: opens January 31, 2024; ends April 30, 2024 for on-site registration. After this date, only online registration will be possible.
Conference: June 10-12, 2024

Organizing committee (in alphabetical order):

Daria Alfimova (University of Potsdam)
Laurène Barbier (Université Lumière Lyon 2, CNRS-DDL)
Frederic Blum (Max-Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology)
Alice Bondarenko (Stockholm University)
Tom Bossuyt (Ghent University)
Maria Cheremisinova (University of Texas at Austin)
John Hutchinson (University of Surrey)
Amanda Kann (Stockholm University)
Nora Muheim (University of Helsinki)
Anastasia Panova (Stockholm University)