6.624, Qs: Conf location, Forensic ling, Med textdata, Foreign lg ed.

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Sun Apr 30 04:46:03 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-624. Sat 29 Apr 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 152

Subject: 6.624, Qs: Conf location, Forensic ling, Med textdata, Foreign lg ed.

                           REMINDER

Date: Thu, 27 Apr 1995 10:57:10 -0500 (CDT)
From: FIONA at KUHUB.CC.UKANS.EDU
Subject: Query: 2nd World Congress of African Linguistics

2)
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 1995 14:38:49 EST
From: sai at cunyvms1.gc.cuny.edu
Subject: Q: Forensic Linguistics

3)
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 1995 15:55:19 -0500
From: AliceD at ccgate.dragonsys.com
Subject:  REQUEST FOR HELP WITH MEDICAL TEXTDATA IN GERMAN

4)
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 1995 19:28:19 CDT
From:  (penaja at WKUVX1.WKU.EDU)
Subject: need for reference

Date: Thu, 27 Apr 1995 10:57:10 -0500 (CDT)
From: FIONA at KUHUB.CC.UKANS.EDU

A few weeks ago a call for proposals for the 2nd World Congress of African
Linguistics was posted on this list, and it was announced that the congress
would be held in Leipzig.  Subsequently, a second message came through
saying that the choice of Leipzig had not been officially finalized, and
'that it was just one of several possible sites for the congress.

I am wondering if anyone could clarify the situation for me.  Has Leipzig been
officially chosen as the site, or will the congress be held elsewhere? Or
is it still unknown?

A prompt answer is appreciated since I am leaving for Senegal on May 3rd
and would like to be able to disseminate the information to colleagues\
at the U of Dakar and the U of St.Louis, as well as sending information
by courier to Mali, Burkina Faso and Niger.  The initial announcement
mentioned that there were possibilities of funding for African linguists
to attend the congress and I would like to make sure that linguists at
these institutions are aware of these possibilities with enough lead
time to prepare their applications.
Any information will be appreciated.
Thank you.
Fiona Mc Laughlin