Autonomous Indigenous People Who Speak Nahuatl]

Walter O. Koenig amoxtli at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 28 17:41:47 UTC 2007

I was recently contacted by a prisoner from Arizona who wrote a
letter in excellent english asking me for Nahuatl resources. I have
heard from several sources that prisoners were using Nahuatl to
communicate with one another so the guards would not understand them.
In fact, I know someone who was asked by prison authorities not to
provide Nahuatl resources. Does anyone know more about this, and if
you have received letters from prisoners how do you respond to them?
The prisoner evidently got my address from the Nahua Newsletter.

Best Wishes,

Walter O. Koenig