Theses in reawakening languages

Sally Dixon Sally.Dixon at une.edu.au
Tue Jun 30 05:28:41 UTC 2020

Dear all,

I’m looking for PhD/MA theses that centre on the description of reawakening or endangered languages. In particular, I’m hoping to find precedents for including dictionaries or translated text corpora as part of the PhD itself. I know there has been advocacy in the Language Documentation community for some time to have these seen as research outputs, but I’m trying to find out if this has been extended to those materials being qualifying for a PhD thesis. If there are any that come to mind, from Australia or globally, would you mind letting me know?

Best wishes,
Sally Dixon