Theses in reawakening languages

Tim Brookes tim at endangeredalphabets.com
Tue Jun 30 12:58:57 UTC 2020

A great question, to which I'll add another: has anyone written a thesis on
reawakening or endangered *writing systems*?
Tim

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 1:29 AM Sally Dixon <Sally.Dixon at une.edu.au> wrote:

> Dear all,
>

> I’m looking for PhD/MA theses that centre on the description of
> reawakening or endangered languages. In particular, I’m hoping to find
> precedents for including dictionaries or translated text corpora as part of
> the PhD itself. I know there has been advocacy in the Language
> Documentation community for some time to have these seen as research
> outputs, but I’m trying to find out if this has been extended to those
> materials being qualifying for a PhD thesis. If there are any that come to
> mind, from Australia or globally, would you mind letting me know?
>

> Best wishes,
>
> Sally Dixon

Tim Brookes
The Endangered Alphabets Project
A federal 501c3 non-profit
www.endangeredalphabets.com
and The Atlas of Endangered Alphabets at
www.endangeredalphabets.net
Please support our work at
https://www.endangeredalphabets.net/support-our-work/