Yurij Lotoshko - seeking his e-mail address

Kenneth E Udut simplify3 at JUNO.COM
Sat Jun 10 04:07:35 UTC 2000

You're quite right - it is quite easy - I simply
followed what I found in "A Complete Russian Grammar",
put together a massive search/replace setup, and
whammo, Im able to break a text into mostly okay
syllable breaks.

[it needs some tweaking, but for my own purposes,
it works].

Basically, I'm trying to remember certain
combinations of words that give me trouble,
by setting them to songs that I am familiar with.

To do that, I needed to be able to break the text
into syllables, so that, for example,
if the song I was setting the text
has a pattern of 8 notes, 6 notes, 8 notes, 7 notes
(a common pattern), now I'm able to do that, even
though, for example, the thing I put together
mistakenly breaks up a simple word like
"ona" as "on-a"  (I haven't figured out how
to properly break up the initial syllable, but
then again, I've only worked on it for a couple
of hours while at work, while doing 'real work' :-) ).

Correct pronounciation demarked isnt as important for me - I kind
of have an intuitive sense for most pronounciation
changes now - and I'm starting to get a 'sense' for
where stress goes, even when I'm not sure.
I've got a long way to go, but it's getting there.

-Kenneth