"Reskator"?

ewb2 at CORNELL.EDU ewb2 at CORNELL.EDU
Mon Dec 3 02:14:11 UTC 2001

A student asks me about the word or name Reskator. Is it some
literary reference? So far I've found it as the name of a
pop music group in the Czech Republic, of another group in
Ukraine, of a fanzine in the Cz.R., and in some e-mail addresses.
Thanks for any leads--

Wayles Browne, Assoc. Prof. of Linguistics
Department of Linguistics
Morrill Hall 220, Cornell University
Ithaca, New York 14853, U.S.A.

tel. 607-255-0712 (o), 607-273-3009 (h)
fax 607-255-2044 (write FOR W. BROWNE)
e-mail ewb2 at cornell.edu

  *** Important Note:  Because Excite at Home has shut down operations ***
  *** due to bankruptcy and inability to compromise with creditors, ***
  ***   the SEELANGS Web Interface is temporarily down, as it had   ***
  *** been hosted on an @Home Web server.  As soon as a new home is ***
  ***  found for it, you will be notified.  Remember you can still  ***
  ***   get a copy of the SEELANGS Welcome message, in which many   ***
  ***         questions are answered, by sending the command:       ***
  ***                      GET WELCOME SEELANGS                     ***
  ***                    in the body of e-mail to:                  ***
  ***                    LISTSERV at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU                 ***