Cyrillic from Windows 97 to Windows XP?

Michael Holman mj at HOLMAN52.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Wed Nov 2 16:31:50 UTC 2005

Dear Seelangers,
When using Windows 97 I typed out my grandfather's Russian memoirs - and much else besides! I have since transferred to Windows XP, but am unable to convince the pc to produce the original Cyrillic on the screen. Can anyone please help? Although now Emeritus, I would still prefer not to have to spend hours retyping...
Many thanks in advance,
Michael Holman
Emeritus Professor of Russian and Slavonic Studies, University of Leeds