You are invited to the Slavic Linguistics Society conference

Laura Janda lajanda at EMAIL.UNC.EDU
Tue Jan 3 14:41:28 UTC 2006

Dear Colleagues,
 	I am writing to invite everyone interested in the linguistics of Slavic
languages to the conference of the Slavic Linguistics Society to be held
September 8-10, 2006 on the campus of Indiana University. Full details about
the conference are given below and can also be accessed at
<http://www.unc.edu/~lajanda/sls2006.html>.
 	Here are the answers to some Frequently Asked Questions about this
conference:
 	*Are submissions from all theoretical frameworks welcome?
 	-- YES! We are eager to see functionalists and formalists engaging
together at this conference, and we want to be as inclusive as possible.
 	*Are there any other restrictions on submissions?
 	-- We would prefer to see papers that deal directly and primarily with
linguistic phenomena of the Slavic languages, but there are no other
restrictions.
 	*Are submissions from scholars outside the US welcome?
 	-- YES indeed! We are eager to nurture dialog among our colleagues
across all borders, both theoretical and geo-political.
 	Further questions may be addressed to the organizers at
sls2006 at unc.edu.
 	We will look forward to receiving your submissions and to seeing you in
Bloomington in September.
 	Best wishes,
 	--laura janda

The First Conference of The Slavic Linguistics Society
To be held September 8-10 in Bloomington, Indiana
Our keynote speakers are:
Oesten Dahl (Stockholm University)
Ronald Feldstein (Indiana University)
Barbara Partee (University of Massachusetts at Amherst)
ADDRESS FOR ALL CORRESPONDENCE: sls2006 at unc.edu
Important Links:
The Slavic Linguistics Society

The conference site: Indiana University

Accommodations: Indiana Memorial Union

GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS:
Please send your abstract to sls2006 at unc.edu on or before April 15, 2006. Your
abstract should:

Be sent as an attachment
Be formatted as a MicrosoftWord document (.doc)
Contain no more than 500 words
Contain only Unicode fonts
Describe a 20-minute presentation
As appropriate, identify the framework, describe the methodology, give a sample
of how data will be analyzed - in other words, please be as concrete and
specific as possible in describing your proposed paper
Abstracts will be vetted and participants will be notified by early summer
2006.