i Groenland and paa Groenland, v Ukraine i na Ukraine

Gasan Gusejnov gusejnov at GMAIL.COM
Fri Mar 7 15:56:35 UTC 2014

Dear Anne Marie,

thank you for the insightful comment.
The discussion about v and na is much older and going back to 1919-1920s.
May I introduce a short chapter from my book on Russian language and Soviet
Ideology (2003), it is a pdf file<http://speakrus.ru/gg/gus_tom-1-14-10td.pdf>,
see pp. 68-70.
In 1990s, Helen Krag (University of Copenhagen) suggested to compare the
use of v/na with that of paa/i concerning Greenland as seen from Denmark
and from Groenland.

Best
gg

                        http://seelangs.wix.com/seelangs