Finnish Towns

Wed Oct 8 19:56:13 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
October 8, 2003

Dear SW List Members:
You can download the 200 BaseSymbols for Everyday Use:

SignWriting Document 114
Sign-Symbol-Sequence 2002 (for everyday use)
http://www.SignWriting.org/library/pdf/pdf018.html

Attached are the first 6 Base-Symbols from the list of 200.

Look at number 6. That handshape, in ASL, is really a dialectical
difference with number 1. Some people in the US exchange one for the
other...when they are doing the sign for "sign", in Akron Ohio, they
use number 6...I have seen it and I remember how surprised I was....;-)

Should we include both symbols in Everyday Use? That is the kind of
question we are facing. No matter what, all symbols will always remain
in the Research Use database...