spelling question short and quick vs. short and stop

Stefan Woehrmann stefanwoehrmann at GEBAERDENSCHRIFT.DE
Sun Sep 7 22:16:05 UTC 2003

Dear Valerie and others,

Discussing with Sandy her "Wales - handshape"  - and sign for Wales -

can you please explain -

Is there a general difference between

1)  a movement with a short- distance arrow with an abrupt stop at the end -
( so you have to speed up in order to stop apruptly) and
2)  a short distance - movement arrow with this "fast" symbol ?? (you have
to stop as well in order to get not too long into a middle- distance -)

I generally developed a style of writing  to put more emphysis on this ~  -
as a marker for an aprupt stop

Would be great if you could answer this question ---- some time later ;-)) -
I know about your long todo -list!

OK - I will be away from the list till Friday. I am looking forward to find
lots of messages!!

Stefan;-))