virtual pc

Mon Sep 8 17:04:05 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
September 8, 2003

Dear SW List and Jerry!
Please excuse my delay in answering all your email -

Regarding this message below about Virtual PC...Thank you, Jerry, for
sharing some of your problems with us...it is important that we know
what works and what doesn't work...

My experience with Virtual PC is the following:

1. It is for modern, up-to-date computers...
2. It is for computers with lots of memory...
3. It needs a modern "host operating system"...that is Mac OS X or
Windows XP, 2000 or NT...
4. It is for people who need to switch between different operating
systems...
5. It works best with broadband or fast internet connections...

So using Virtual PC does require modern equipment, but in time, more
and more people will have the right equipment, and as the world
changes, Virtual PC gives us all a great way to communicate...

PLUS...Virtual PC has improved recently...So you cannot assume that if
you had problems one year ago, that the same problems exist
today...quite the contrary...just two months ago it was improved...

Please tell us, Jerry, what happens....Download the free new version on
the web just to see if it will load...it may be that you will need a
more up-to-date version of XP...who knows? ;-)

Val ;-)