Logo for SignWriter

Sun Feb 8 15:13:58 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
February 8, 2004

SW List, Daniel, Jerry, Sandy!
Yes, of course you are right about that Sandy... The name SignWriting
is actually called GebaerdenSchrift in Switzerland, where Daniel comes
from, but I believe the logo is connected to the computer program
itself, called SignWriter in English...sometimes in the computer world
the names of programs remain in one language, even though it is used
all over the world...

Daniel, when you are signing with your friends, do you sign SW when
referring to the SignWriter computer program?...And Swiss-German
fingerspelling uses the same letters S and W as we do in American Sign
Language? If so, then the logo shows what you are signing in
Swiss-German Sign Language, and that is fine.... It would be impossible
to include all languages within one logo...smile...

Meanwhile, Sandy, how do you sign S and W in British Fingerspelling? I
know your fingerspelling is quite different...

Val ;-)